- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
We have been encouraged by the number of kind comments we have had about this blog so we have decided to try and add to it regularly. This kind of electronic dialogues is all quite high tech for us and we certainly are not about to twitter – the only twittering that goes on here is early in the morning when the dawn chorus starts! We are blessed with being in such an amazing location and our guests never fail to be impressed by the breath taking views.
The Old Rectory on the lake is on the slopes of Cader Idris which is fifty foot short of three thousand feet above sea level. This is an amazing mountain and many of the folk who stay with us walk to the top – there are about five routes up of varying difficulty. The latest to get to the top – walking from our front door – are Louise and Dave from Winchester who were very fortunate to enjoy a decent view – visibility is not always as clear!! In their email to us they said they really enjoyed their stay at The Old Rectory on the lake and we are indebitted to them for allowing us to reproduce these images of a memorable ascent.