- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
During August we were joined by a number of Belgium journalists who had come to report on us following a glowing write up in one of their national weekend newspapers. This was prompted by the tourist magazine Britain choosing us in their best pick of five star bed and breakfasts – the only one highlighted in Wales. To say we were pleased was an understatement. Some came by motorcycle and some came by train having got the ferry over and then continuing their journey by rail and ultimately taxi from the big city of Machynlleth. Writer Bart Plouver chose the latter way of arriving at The Old Rectory on the lake and he, and his photographer partner Anne, stayed here for four days. During that time they went down the mine at Corris, cycled the Mawddach trail from Dolgellau to Barmouth and of course had to attempt Cader Idris. They left us in not that favourable weather but were rewarded with a bit of view on the way up. They were amazed to see so many people at the summit. In his email accompany the image below for our blog he wrote:-
‘John, just say that we didn’t think we were going to make it. But we did. It took us seven hours up and down. Great satisfaction!’