- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
Three years ago two Black Country musicians came to stay with us while playing at a wedding across the lake – we obviously hit the right note as they have been back many times to stay bringing with them their delightful wives. Trevor Pedley and Will Morgan – aka The Elderly Brothers – are very talented guitarists and singers and our guests are always promised a great musical evening when they pick up their instruments after supper and often play into the early hours. Will is a devotee of Jake Thackray and all enjoy his tribute to this wry, amusing songwriter who sadly died far too young. Trevor and Jill, Will and Chris and their friends, Jean and Nick, came to stay for a couple of nights in September and were blessed with incredible weather. We were blessed later with an incredible evening’s entertainment!!!