- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
Over the last few years Sandrea Mosses and her partner David have been regular visitors to The Old Rectory. We knew that Sandrea was a medium as she came from the West Midlands to hold services in nearby Tywyn. And we also knew that she appreciated the peace and quiet that we can offer here as she often locked herself away in our Rectory Retreat only to appear for supper. But what we did not know that Sandrea was here to write a book! Now the results of her endeavours are out in print and we get a mention! She writes:
‘Thank you to The Old Rectory on the lake in Tal-y-llyn for providing me with spectacular views of the mountains and the lake. Which in turn gave me peace, strength, inspiration and internal power to keep writing.’
Sandra’s book gives a very personal insight into the spiritual world and we are sure that will be of interest to believers and non-believers alike and we wish her well with it. It is published by www.blackleafpublishing.com priced £10.95.
The picture of Sandrea for this blog was taken in the nearby St Mary’s Church – the chapel that the Rector who used to live here looked after. The Old Rectory went back into private hands about forty years ago when it was sold by The Church in Wales.