- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
At the end of June the professional cameras were at The Old Rectory on the lake shooting our inhouse commercial. The music sound track was especially written and performed by the Elderly Brothers aka Trevor Pedley and Will Morgan. They, and their respective wives, have been regular enthusiastic visitors to us after playing at a wedding [...]
Laurens was here a second time and for us, Freddy and Bea, it was a first time. We enjoyed our stay at The Old Rectory on the lake very much. We had two delicious meals cooked by Ricky who did a fantastic job. The meals were cooked to order and you could taste the difference [...]