- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
At the end of June the professional cameras were at The Old Rectory on the lake shooting our inhouse commercial. The music sound track was especially written and performed by the Elderly Brothers aka Trevor Pedley and Will Morgan. They, and their respective wives, have been regular enthusiastic visitors to us after playing at a wedding […]
Laurens was here a second time and for us, Freddy and Bea, it was a first time. We enjoyed our stay at The Old Rectory on the lake very much. We had two delicious meals cooked by Ricky who did a fantastic job. The meals were cooked to order and you could taste the difference […]