- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
Laurens was here a second time and for us, Freddy and Bea, it was a first time. We enjoyed our stay at The Old Rectory on the lake very much. We had two delicious meals cooked by Ricky who did a fantastic job. The meals were cooked to order and you could taste the difference compared with the meals you get in other restaurants. The vegetables were freshly cooked al dente – very modern. We were also lucky with the weather on the day we walked up the Cader Idris and when we managed to get to the top we had fantastic views and enjoyed the salmon sandwiches which Ricky had packed for us. After returning from the Idris we had a bath in the Victorian bath tub in the Graig Goch suite. John is a fantastic host and spoils his guests with all sorts of stories relating to the place, Cader Idris and Wales. We hope to come back one day. In attachment you can find three pictures taken during our stay.
All the best with your excellent B&B.
Freddy, Bea and Laurens