- Lights, camera and……action!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
After about two month’s absence the otters have been showing themselves again. The mother and the two pups are still at the far end of the lake with the father living apart from them at the other side of the lake. Three years ago the male was a regular visitor to The Rectory Pool – the stretch of sheltered water just at the bottom of our drive. Fisherman had reported seeming him a few times and we spotted him once whilst we were out walking round the lake. But today he was seen by Carol, the lady who kindly cleans for us, as she left for home. Otters eat about 17 per cent of their body weight in fish every day and the father was eating a brown trout he had just caught off our foreshore.
If you would like to see the video we have made of the rest of his family earlier in the year go to http://www.youtube.com/user/rectoryonthelake.