- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
After about two month’s absence the otters have been showing themselves again. The mother and the two pups are still at the far end of the lake with the father living apart from them at the other side of the lake. Three years ago the male was a regular visitor to The Rectory Pool – the stretch of sheltered water just at the bottom of our drive. Fisherman had reported seeming him a few times and we spotted him once whilst we were out walking round the lake. But today he was seen by Carol, the lady who kindly cleans for us, as she left for home. Otters eat about 17 per cent of their body weight in fish every day and the father was eating a brown trout he had just caught off our foreshore.
If you would like to see the video we have made of the rest of his family earlier in the year go to http://www.youtube.com/user/rectoryonthelake.