- Lights, camera and……action!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
It all happens on Talyllyn! Last week Ricky was just about to go out when he noticed an upturned car at the other side of the lake. It was partially hidden by reeds and as it was below the lake wall other the motorists going pass obvioulsy could not see it. As Ricky called the […]
We were flattered that a professional landscape photographer used The Old Rectory on the lake as a base for a two day autumn shoot. Tim Smith from Benfleet, Essex, and his wife Elaine stayed with us last week and we are indebted to him for now sending us these amazing images taken round here to […]
We were up Craig Goch a few days ago and were very fortunate to be there while a Sea King search and rescue helicopter was doing a training exercise over the lake. It had flown from RAF Valley in Anglesey where it is normally on 24 hour a day standby throughout the year ready to […]