- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
We were flattered that a professional landscape photographer used The Old Rectory on the lake as a base for a two day autumn shoot. Tim Smith from Benfleet, Essex, and his wife Elaine stayed with us last week and we are indebted to him for now sending us these amazing images taken round here to post on our website. Tim wrote us this accompanying email.
“The Old Rectory on the Lake is a true delight; peaceful location, wonderful accommodation and superb food. John & Ricky should be congratulated on running such a fantastic establishment. As a landscape photographer Snowdonia offers so much. Although Tal-y-Llyn lies close to the southern edge of The National Park it is within easy reach of so many amazing photographic opportunities. I am gradually extending the range of my images of Great Britain many of which can be viewed on my web site http://timothysmithphotography.co.uk. We hope to return to Tal-y-Llyn. Highly recommended!”