- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
We were flattered that a professional landscape photographer used The Old Rectory on the lake as a base for a two day autumn shoot. Tim Smith from Benfleet, Essex, and his wife Elaine stayed with us last week and we are indebted to him for now sending us these amazing images taken round here to post on our website. Tim wrote us this accompanying email.
“The Old Rectory on the Lake is a true delight; peaceful location, wonderful accommodation and superb food. John & Ricky should be congratulated on running such a fantastic establishment. As a landscape photographer Snowdonia offers so much. Although Tal-y-Llyn lies close to the southern edge of The National Park it is within easy reach of so many amazing photographic opportunities. I am gradually extending the range of my images of Great Britain many of which can be viewed on my web site http://timothysmithphotography.co.uk. We hope to return to Tal-y-Llyn. Highly recommended!”