- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
- Our model employee is the answer!
A lush lakeside retreat. Enthusiastic owners spoil guests rotten - comfy beds,sumptuous baths, exceptional meals, a hot tub under the stars.
Hike to Cadair Idris – the scenery is breathtaking. Return to a hot tub under the stars, and champagne to toast your good fortune. This lakeside B&B in southern Snowdonia is utterly spoiling and Ricky has become a chef of reputation. Slow-roast lamb shank, fillet of local salmon, a trio of Welsh ices; the menus change each day. Spacious bedrooms (one is downstairs) have ever-changing views, bathrooms are sumptuous and you wake to the smell of Welsh bacon: breakfasts are to die for. Binoculars for the birds, a wonderful welcome for you, candlelit dining... it's bliss. Read the full write up here »
We were up Craig Goch a few days ago and were very fortunate to be there while a Sea King search and rescue helicopter was doing a training exercise over the lake. It had flown from RAF Valley in Anglesey where it is normally on 24 hour a day standby throughout the year ready to pick up jet fighter pilots who get into difficulty. The helicopter is also called out to assist with sea and mountain rescues – mercifully it has not been scrambled in earnest to our part of south Snowdonia for some time.
We do get a fair amount of low level aircraft traffic and to see information and images taken from above the pass go to