- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
We were up Craig Goch a few days ago and were very fortunate to be there while a Sea King search and rescue helicopter was doing a training exercise over the lake. It had flown from RAF Valley in Anglesey where it is normally on 24 hour a day standby throughout the year ready to pick up jet fighter pilots who get into difficulty. The helicopter is also called out to assist with sea and mountain rescues – mercifully it has not been scrambled in earnest to our part of south Snowdonia for some time.
We do get a fair amount of low level aircraft traffic and to see information and images taken from above the pass go to