- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
Like many who stay with us David West-Watson and his wife Anne from Rhosneigr decided to walk up Cadair Idris. They tackled the mountain via The Pony Path a few days after an eight foot wooden chair had been left near the summit. It had taken fifteen people more than four hours to carry it […]
Roy Murphy, who owns a Robinson helicopter, has a kindly agreed to assist with our year long video project which aims to record the lake in its many moods and weathers. When Roy and John took to the skies at the beginning of November the autumnal colours were amazing and when they reached the summit […]
We were surprised when we started getting many a telephone call from all over North Wales from friends and former guests who said The Old Rectory on the lake was featured in glorious colour in the Welsh edition of The Liverpool Daily Post. We were absolutely stunned when we bought the paper and turned to […]