- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
Roy Murphy, who owns a Robinson helicopter, has a kindly agreed to assist with our year long video project which aims to record the lake in its many moods and weathers. When Roy and John took to the skies at the beginning of November the autumnal colours were amazing and when they reached the summit of Cadair Idris there was even a dusting of snow on the top – a real sign that winter is on its way. (Look at ‘Cadair Conquerors’ on our area page to see Cadair Idris from the air). Hopefully soon we will post video of these flights but in the meantime a few images from a memorable day.