- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
Roy Murphy, who owns a Robinson helicopter, has a kindly agreed to assist with our year long video project which aims to record the lake in its many moods and weathers. When Roy and John took to the skies at the beginning of November the autumnal colours were amazing and when they reached the summit of Cadair Idris there was even a dusting of snow on the top – a real sign that winter is on its way. (Look at ‘Cadair Conquerors’ on our area page to see Cadair Idris from the air). Hopefully soon we will post video of these flights but in the meantime a few images from a memorable day.