- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
We were surprised when we started getting many a telephone call from all over North Wales from friends and former guests who said The Old Rectory on the lake was featured in glorious colour in the Welsh edition of The Liverpool Daily Post. We were absolutely stunned when we bought the paper and turned to page 21. We are indebited to their reader ‘Plot19 Michael’ who took the picture, we think this time last year. So Sir, if you are reading this do get in contact so we can invite you in for cofeee the next time you are passing and let you see the view from this side of the lake.!