- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
- Our model employee is the answer!
A lush lakeside retreat. Enthusiastic owners spoil guests rotten - comfy beds,sumptuous baths, exceptional meals, a hot tub under the stars.
Hike to Cadair Idris – the scenery is breathtaking. Return to a hot tub under the stars, and champagne to toast your good fortune. This lakeside B&B in southern Snowdonia is utterly spoiling and Ricky has become a chef of reputation. Slow-roast lamb shank, fillet of local salmon, a trio of Welsh ices; the menus change each day. Spacious bedrooms (one is downstairs) have ever-changing views, bathrooms are sumptuous and you wake to the smell of Welsh bacon: breakfasts are to die for. Binoculars for the birds, a wonderful welcome for you, candlelit dining... it's bliss. Read the full write up here »
We were surprised when we started getting many a telephone call from all over North Wales from friends and former guests who said The Old Rectory on the lake was featured in glorious colour in the Welsh edition of The Liverpool Daily Post. We were absolutely stunned when we bought the paper and turned to page 21. We are indebited to their reader ‘Plot19 Michael’ who took the picture, we think this time last year. So Sir, if you are reading this do get in contact so we can invite you in for cofeee the next time you are passing and let you see the view from this side of the lake.!