- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
It seems more and more of our discerning guests do their homework before they book to stay at The Old Rectory on the lake and look at candid reviews that others have written about us on Trip Advisor. Mercifully most say kind things! We opened for the spring half-term this month and were so pleased when a very personable young couple – due to be married in Greece in a few months time – left the following and we could not have asked for a more glowing write up! We hope you do not mind us sharing it with you.
“We have just returned from a 2 night stay at The Old Rectory and can’t stop telling people what an amazing time we had. My fiancé was over from Germany for the weekend, so for us we were looking for a perfect weekend, and that is exactly what we got – the room was lovely – the bathroom out of this world! After our hike up Cader Idris we could wallow in the hot tub for a couple of hours, drinking Champagne and eating chocolates whilst enjoying the splendid view over the lake. Dinner was a culinary treat – and even when we had to leave the restaurant early as we were so tired from our day our dessert (a spectacular chocolate dish) was brought up to our room for us to enjoy! When we left I was genuinely sad – and hope to return one day – John and Ricky made you feel very at home with luxuries you would not normally think of within your own home. A big thank you to them both for making one of our few weekends together extra special – Sally and Marcel.”