- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
The weather these last few days has been absolutely brilliant and the good long range forecast encouraged guests, Margaret and John Bullen, to visit us in their Morgan 4/4.
“We stayed locally at Christmas and saw The Old Rectory from across the lake and decided then it would be an ideal location to bring our Morgan car which we have had now for the last 18 years. The drive up from Surrey with the roof off was great fun and as we drove down the Tal-y-llyn pass the view of the lake from the passenger seat was just breath taking,” said Margaret.
“The next day we had a memorable drive from Tal-y-llyn to the Llyn Peninsular – when we got back our faces were red thanks to the wind and the sun,” said John, who had to wait eight years after ordering the hand made iconic vehicle from the factory in Malvern. “I am sure the three of us will be back again very soon!” he added.