- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
It is Easter Sunday and Spring is definitely here! There was a glorious sunrise which quickly burnt off the whispers of mist which were still hanging over the far end of the lake. Our lawn is covered in primroses and a few bluebells are out on a sheltered bank down the lane. In about a […]
A car has ended up in Tal-y-llyn for the second time in six months. An elderly driver and her dog were helped to safety by two young passing motorists after she had failed to take the bend across the water from us. Ricky was about to go for his regular training run round the lake […]
There has been a landslip on the Talyllyn pass above us and now a week later the road is still blocked with frustrated motorists facing up to a 30 mile diversion via the coast. It happened in the early hours of last Sunday when a lorry driver had a lucky escape when large rocks tumbled […]