- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
- Our model employee is the answer!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
It is Easter Sunday and Spring is definitely here! There was a glorious sunrise which quickly burnt off the whispers of mist which were still hanging over the far end of the lake. Our lawn is covered in primroses and a few bluebells are out on a sheltered bank down the lane. In about a month’s time the mountain side up by the pass should be a carpet of blue. And a cuckoo and his mate have been here now for about ten days.
And Spring time also means a visit from the Visit Wales accommodation grader whose assessment report has just been delivered to us. Mercifully The Old Rectory on the lake still retains its five star status having achieved a more than satisfying 93%. We scored 100% in housekeeping, hospitality and friendliness, breakfast and dinner. Ian Rudd, the quality advisor, wrote: “The Old Rectory on the lake continues to provide an excellent standard accommodation for guests. A very tasty home cooked dinner was served in the evening and an equally tasty breakfast in the morning.”
So please forgive us if we crack open a bottle of champagne after supper tonight!!!