- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
It is Easter Sunday and Spring is definitely here! There was a glorious sunrise which quickly burnt off the whispers of mist which were still hanging over the far end of the lake. Our lawn is covered in primroses and a few bluebells are out on a sheltered bank down the lane. In about a month’s time the mountain side up by the pass should be a carpet of blue. And a cuckoo and his mate have been here now for about ten days.
And Spring time also means a visit from the Visit Wales accommodation grader whose assessment report has just been delivered to us. Mercifully The Old Rectory on the lake still retains its five star status having achieved a more than satisfying 93%. We scored 100% in housekeeping, hospitality and friendliness, breakfast and dinner. Ian Rudd, the quality advisor, wrote: “The Old Rectory on the lake continues to provide an excellent standard accommodation for guests. A very tasty home cooked dinner was served in the evening and an equally tasty breakfast in the morning.”
So please forgive us if we crack open a bottle of champagne after supper tonight!!!