- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
We were astounded when we told that we had made the short list in this year’s Gwynedd Council’s Business Awards. The Old Rectory on the lake was in the top three in the Tourist accommodation Award and in the eCommerce Award. Last night John went to the Gala Diner in Caernarfon and although we did [...]
We have made the May edition of The Professional Builder!!! Thanks to the sterling work of the builders who constructed our Orangery last Easter it has been now featured again in a national trade magazine – this has already elicited various comments from previous guests around the country who have called to say that they [...]
Our new video about the lake – shot over 18 months – has now been completed and is shown to guests every night during pre dinner drinks. It captures this amazing area during all four seasons and our cameras were out during a massive daytime storm and also a flood which blocked the road opposite [...]