- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
We have made the May edition of The Professional Builder!!! Thanks to the sterling work of the builders who constructed our Orangery last Easter it has been now featured again in a national trade magazine – this has already elicited various comments from previous guests around the country who have called to say that they had read it! (Click HERE to read the article.) When we were building this great addition to our home last year talented photographer, Adam from Hungary, took a picture of the Welsh workers enjoying their lunch break sitting on one of the oak beams – Adam was replicating that iconic black and white still taken during the construction of the Rockefellar in New York. The photograph was taken by Charles C Ebbets in September 1932 and entitled Lunch atop a Skyscraper. It showed eleven men eating lunch, seated on a girder with their feet dangling hundreds of feet above the city. Mercifully the men from DRJ Builders were not as high!