- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
Our new video about the lake – shot over 18 months – has now been completed and is shown to guests every night during pre dinner drinks. It captures this amazing area during all four seasons and our cameras were out during a massive daytime storm and also a flood which blocked the road opposite us for a time. We are indebted to Sarah Breeze, a postgraduate student at the University of York who did the final edit.
Originally from the Llanidloes area, her interest in film developed at university, having gained a 1st Class Degree in English with Writing and Performance, before moving on to a Master’s degree in Postproduction with Visual Effects. Sarah says she was pleased to have been involved in this exciting project. “There are some stunning shots and I really hopes that the completed video will illustrate some of the beautiful scenery that The Snowdonia National Park – and in particular Tal-y-llyn – has to offer,” she said.
To view a short trailer of it, cut to Vilvaldi’s stirring music, click on the You Tube logo.