- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
Our new video about the lake – shot over 18 months – has now been completed and is shown to guests every night during pre dinner drinks. It captures this amazing area during all four seasons and our cameras were out during a massive daytime storm and also a flood which blocked the road opposite us for a time. We are indebted to Sarah Breeze, a postgraduate student at the University of York who did the final edit.
Originally from the Llanidloes area, her interest in film developed at university, having gained a 1st Class Degree in English with Writing and Performance, before moving on to a Master’s degree in Postproduction with Visual Effects. Sarah says she was pleased to have been involved in this exciting project. “There are some stunning shots and I really hopes that the completed video will illustrate some of the beautiful scenery that The Snowdonia National Park – and in particular Tal-y-llyn – has to offer,” she said.
To view a short trailer of it, cut to Vilvaldi’s stirring music, click on the You Tube logo.