- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
We were astounded when we told that we had made the short list in this year’s Gwynedd Council’s Business Awards. The Old Rectory on the lake was in the top three in the Tourist accommodation Award and in the eCommerce Award. Last night John went to the Gala Diner in Caernarfon and although we did not win we were just so proud to get so far. The chairman of judges told the guests that the standard of entries had been very high. He added: “I am confident that the two shortlists that The Old Rectory on the lake managed to make is a great endorsement of Gwynedd as a fabulous location for running a business. You should be congratulated.”