- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
The Old Rectory on the lake now has a hundred TripAdvisor reviews and for this we are very grateful. Most of them are favourable (!) and we are indebted to Adam Rowland from London who came here last weekend with his parents and extended family to celebrate his mother’s 60th birthday and soon to be […]
More and more of our guests are asking us about the bird life here at Talyllyn and to be honest we know very little – but are slowly learning. We are now greatly indebted to guest Mr Tom Canna who is a member of The British Trust for Ornithology. With the help of thousands of […]
Ricky running in last year’s race turning at the half way mark. He completed the course in a time of 1 hour 52 minutes. “Since coming to live on Tal-y-llyn I have taken part in three Race the Trains – a grueling fourteen mile course from Tywyn to Abergynolwyn and back, running at times alongside […]
For those yet to hear of this very useful site, TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel community giving information, advice, and opinions from millions of travellers. The first review of The Old Rectory on the lake was posted in August 2008 and since then over eighty of our guests have been kind enough to leave […]