- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
For those yet to hear of this very useful site, TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel community giving information, advice, and opinions from millions of travellers. The first review of The Old Rectory on the lake was posted in August 2008 and since then over eighty of our guests have been kind enough to leave comments about us – most appreciative! At the end of last month we were pleased to be awarded a TripAdvisor award. This certificate is given to properties who consistently receive excellent ratings from members. They kindly wrote: “We think your 5 rating is something to be proud of and we hope you do too. Best wishes for continued success in 2011.”
So many thanks to all who have posted reviews to now make us number one in Talyllyn and at the time of posting, third in Snowdonia.