- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
“Since coming to live on Tal-y-llyn I have taken part in three Race the Trains – a grueling fourteen mile course from Tywyn to Abergynolwyn and back, running at times alongside the narrow gauge railway track. So far the little steam train has beaten me but this year I aim to change that – hopefully arriving back in Tywyn in just under two hours. It’s a daunting task but I feel with some financial incentive from you – and with many a training session of running round the lake – I might just do it! As we live on the slopes of Cadair Idris I thought it would be appropriate this year to again support the local mountain rescue service – thanks to the generosity of our friends and bed and breakfast guests last year I managed to raise £500 in sponsorship. The team is a charity and is run and staffed entirely by volunteers who are on call 24 hours a day throughout the year and will drop everything to go onto the mountain in all winds and weathers to help walkers in distress. Team members receive no payment for atteding training or call-outs and provide all of their own personal equipment so that’s why I want to help them. If you want to sponsor me – any donantion would be appreciated – please do telephone me here at The Old Rectory on the lake.”