- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
The Old Rectory on the lake now has a hundred TripAdvisor reviews and for this we are very grateful. Most of them are favourable (!) and we are indebted to Adam Rowland from London who came here last weekend with his parents and extended family to celebrate his mother’s 60th birthday and soon to be retirement. We reproduce here some of the kind things he so enthusiastically wrote:
“The experience was beyond sublime and was a retreat that far exceeded all our expectations……..the house, the hosts and the ambience all made us feel as if we never wanted to leave!…….the rooms are of the highest standard and I managed to have the best couple of night’s sleep I’ve had in months! And when you wake up, you’re graced with a mesmerising view of the lake!……we had a variety of different dietary requirements (vegetarian & vegan) that Ricky tackled with apparent ease. The evening meal we had would put some of London’s best veggie restaurants to shame.”
We thank all our guests, like Adam, who have taken the time and effort to leave comments on TripAdvisor – we read them all and take note!
To look at it click HERE.