- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
This afternoon chef Ricky came second in the Bryncrug Carnival four mile run up Foel Gocyn. He finished in a creditable 34.50. First was Dewi Roberts from Blaenau Ffestiniog, who romped home in just over 30 minutes. Jakub Lexa, a friend of ours who has stayed with us a few times, who is sadly off home to Czech Republic soon, would have been second had he not made a navigational error just after he had run off the hill in the village. However he still came a creditable fourth with a time of 36.46. The field though was greatly reduced this year as many other local runners were taking part in a much more grueling run up the Aran. Ricky now has just got over a month to continue training for Race the Train. This year he is taking part to raise money for the local mountain rescue group.