- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
Guests keep telling us that they have seen the otters around and in fact yesterday the male was spotted in the lake just off our garden. But now thanks to the generosity of two regular visitors to The Old Rectory on the lake- Jane and Selwyn from the West Midlands – we have an otter either side of our front door! Knowing how much these delightful creatures play a part in our lives here at Talyllyn Selwyn spotted a model of one at a garden centre and decided to buy it for us. That was a year ago and yesterday he and his wife arrived here to stay again and they brought with them another one for company!
Watch a video we shot last year of the ‘real’ otters – mother and pups.