- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
For the fourth year running Ricky Francis, joint owner and chef at The Old Rectory on the lake, has taken part in the annual Race the Train. Organised by Tywyn Rotary Club this grueling event attracted over 1100 runners who started at the same time as a scheduled service from The Wharf. The train steams […]
A prestigious guide describing breath taking scenic motoring adventures throughout Europe has just been published and we have been chosen as being ‘the ideal base’ for two trips round Snowdonia and Mid Wales. The book called ‘Twenty Stays and Motor trips’ lists adventures in France, Germany, Luxembourg and Wales. There is only one entry for […]