- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
- Our model employee is the answer!
A lush lakeside retreat. Enthusiastic owners spoil guests rotten - comfy beds,sumptuous baths, exceptional meals, a hot tub under the stars.
Hike to Cadair Idris – the scenery is breathtaking. Return to a hot tub under the stars, and champagne to toast your good fortune. This lakeside B&B in southern Snowdonia is utterly spoiling and Ricky has become a chef of reputation. Slow-roast lamb shank, fillet of local salmon, a trio of Welsh ices; the menus change each day. Spacious bedrooms (one is downstairs) have ever-changing views, bathrooms are sumptuous and you wake to the smell of Welsh bacon: breakfasts are to die for. Binoculars for the birds, a wonderful welcome for you, candlelit dining... it's bliss. Read the full write up here »
For the fourth year running Ricky Francis, joint owner and chef at The Old Rectory on the lake, has taken part in the annual Race the Train. Organised by Tywyn Rotary Club this grueling event attracted over 1100 runners who started at the same time as a scheduled service from The Wharf. The train steams [...]
A prestigious guide describing breath taking scenic motoring adventures throughout Europe has just been published and we have been chosen as being ‘the ideal base’ for two trips round Snowdonia and Mid Wales. The book called ‘Twenty Stays and Motor trips’ lists adventures in France, Germany, Luxembourg and Wales. There is only one entry for [...]