- Thank you Visit Wales for yet another Gold Award – so appreciated!
- Well flattered that users of Booking.com deem us to be ‘exceptional’!
- We get our 900th Trip Advisor Review!
- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
For the fourth year running Ricky Francis, joint owner and chef at The Old Rectory on the lake, has taken part in the annual Race the Train. Organised by Tywyn Rotary Club this grueling event attracted over 1100 runners who started at the same time as a scheduled service from The Wharf. The train steams up the valley and then turns round above Abergynolwyn and returns down the line – stopping at all the stations – the train does the trip in 1 hour 48 minutes. The runners do not travel so far and turn round short of the village. This time Ricky managed to complete the fourteen mile course in 1 hour 51.40 seconds – pruning a good minute off last year’s time.
“Despite the wet conditions I was really pleased with my time and I thank my fellow members of the Meirionydd Running club for their support and encouragement through the year at our weekly training sessions,” says Ricky. “I thank all our friends and guests who helped me to raise yet again £500 for the local mountain rescue service. Encouraged by today’s time I suppose I will have to do it again next year – and who knows I may just do it!”