- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
A prestigious guide describing breath taking scenic motoring adventures throughout Europe has just been published and we have been chosen as being ‘the ideal base’ for two trips round Snowdonia and Mid Wales. The book called ‘Twenty Stays and Motor trips’ lists adventures in France, Germany, Luxembourg and Wales. There is only one entry for the UK and the author describes The Old Rectory on the lake as being ‘the most beautiful bed and breakfast in Wales’. We remember the two journalists, Luc Van De Steene and Christel Lemmens, staying with us last year whilst doing research but never thought for one moment that they would choose us as the only place to stay and that they would write about us in such glowing terms. There is a picture from our downstairs window looking out over the lake and one taken from the other end by the Minffordd.
We now know the guide is out, as by coincidence, two separate Belgium couples arrived here on the same day all revved up for the two day long trips which took in Barmouth, Harlech, Caernarfon, Snowdon, Capel Curig, Bala, Llangollen and the stunning lake Vyrnwy. Michel and Dominique roared up in their Porsche 911 while Dirk Geiregat and Sabine Schiettecatte from Nazareth came on their powerful BMW GS 1150 motorcycle. Both couples were blessed with incredible weather and all reported having had the most marvellous few days following the suggested routes to the letter. They said they also liked staying with us too! We thank them for letting us use some of their pictures on here.