- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
This time last year James Mabbitt from Mold in North Wales came to celebrate his 29th birthday – his stay had been organised by his girlfriend Melissa as a surprise. James liked it so much that he decided to bring his whoel family back for the 30th! So a few days ago he returned again with Melissa, now his fiancée, and his parents Annette and David, together with his sister, Tor, and her partner Gary for a three day party! The weather was almost kind to them and a good time was had by all. The family visited the nearby Centre for Alternative Technology, Castell y Bere, Aberdovey and the Dolgoch Falls which were amazing thanks to all the previous rain the day before.The culmination of the festivities was James’s actual birthday – his younger brother Andrew and his girlfriend, Martha, in Australia even joined them for an Old Rectory on the lake breakfast courtesy of Skype! “Melissa and I had such a good time last year that we just had to come back for such a pivotal celebration,” said James. “Great food, great hosts ….. we will be back!” kindly wrote James’s mother in our visitors book.
We post here some pictures of the birthday celebrations.