- We get our 900th Trip Advisor Review!
- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
This time last year James Mabbitt from Mold in North Wales came to celebrate his 29th birthday – his stay had been organised by his girlfriend Melissa as a surprise. James liked it so much that he decided to bring his whoel family back for the 30th! So a few days ago he returned again with Melissa, now his fiancée, and his parents Annette and David, together with his sister, Tor, and her partner Gary for a three day party! The weather was almost kind to them and a good time was had by all. The family visited the nearby Centre for Alternative Technology, Castell y Bere, Aberdovey and the Dolgoch Falls which were amazing thanks to all the previous rain the day before.The culmination of the festivities was James’s actual birthday – his younger brother Andrew and his girlfriend, Martha, in Australia even joined them for an Old Rectory on the lake breakfast courtesy of Skype! “Melissa and I had such a good time last year that we just had to come back for such a pivotal celebration,” said James. “Great food, great hosts ….. we will be back!” kindly wrote James’s mother in our visitors book.
We post here some pictures of the birthday celebrations.