- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
- Our model employee is the answer!
A lush lakeside retreat. Enthusiastic owners spoil guests rotten - comfy beds,sumptuous baths, exceptional meals, a hot tub under the stars.
Hike to Cadair Idris – the scenery is breathtaking. Return to a hot tub under the stars, and champagne to toast your good fortune. This lakeside B&B in southern Snowdonia is utterly spoiling and Ricky has become a chef of reputation. Slow-roast lamb shank, fillet of local salmon, a trio of Welsh ices; the menus change each day. Spacious bedrooms (one is downstairs) have ever-changing views, bathrooms are sumptuous and you wake to the smell of Welsh bacon: breakfasts are to die for. Binoculars for the birds, a wonderful welcome for you, candlelit dining... it's bliss. Read the full write up here »
After a really good summer for bookings we are celebrating moving slowly into the autumn by launching our own wine label. For the last few years Weavers from Nottingham have been supplying The Old Rectory on the lake with wines – we had great fun choosing them! Indeed our house Chilean white and Merlot really go down with our guests so we decided it would be fun to have our own label which Weavers kindly printed for us and then put onto the bottles. “The easy to enjoy Sauvignon wine has delectable elderflower aromas with hints of zest but also ripeness. Its, sister wine, a soft plumy Merlot has rich fruit with depth and enough character to go with much of Ricky’s cuisine,” said Mary Trease, director at Weavers.
We will drink to that!
Click HERE to download our wine lists.