- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
- Our model employee is the answer!
- We are still graded Five Stars!
- We get a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence – for the third year running!
A lush lakeside retreat. Enthusiastic owners spoil guests rotten - comfy beds,sumptuous baths, exceptional meals, a hot tub under the stars.
Hike to Cadair Idris – the scenery is breathtaking. Return to a hot tub under the stars, and champagne to toast your good fortune. This lakeside B&B in southern Snowdonia is utterly spoiling and Ricky has become a chef of reputation. Slow-roast lamb shank, fillet of local salmon, a trio of Welsh ices; the menus change each day. Spacious bedrooms (one is downstairs) have ever-changing views, bathrooms are sumptuous and you wake to the smell of Welsh bacon: breakfasts are to die for. Binoculars for the birds, a wonderful welcome for you, candlelit dining... it's bliss. Read the full write up here »
This autumn has been so unusual and so mild. Here at The Old Rectory on the lake we have had all four seasons in one week with temperatures in the early 20s and then plunging the next morning to nearly freezing. It’s the middle of the school half-term week and we seem to be enjoying [...]
We get many a booking thanks to folk reading about us on Trip Advisor and now we celebrate our 150th review – putting us second out of 170 bed and breakfasts in Snowdonia. We are so grateful to all our guests who have bothered to put the time and effort to post feedback and to [...]