- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
This autumn has been so unusual and so mild. Here at The Old Rectory on the lake we have had all four seasons in one week with temperatures in the early 20s and then plunging the next morning to nearly freezing. It’s the middle of the school half-term week and we seem to be enjoying […]
We get many a booking thanks to folk reading about us on Trip Advisor and now we celebrate our 150th review – putting us second out of 170 bed and breakfasts in Snowdonia. We are so grateful to all our guests who have bothered to put the time and effort to post feedback and to […]