- Lights, camera and……action!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
This autumn has been so unusual and so mild. Here at The Old Rectory on the lake we have had all four seasons in one week with temperatures in the early 20s and then plunging the next morning to nearly freezing. It’s the middle of the school half-term week and we seem to be enjoying our own micro climate.
In the last five days we have had three amazing rainbows in the late afternoon (two within half an hour) all completely arching over the lake – indeed one was a superb double one! Each time we have been lucky to get out with the video and still cameras to record these amazing images. We are in the middle of shooting a new promotional video which should be edited within the next month so with luck some of these pictures should be included. In the meantime we post some now for your enjoyment. We have yet to find the gold but are still looking!