- Thank you Visit Wales for yet another Gold Award – so appreciated!
- Well flattered that users of Booking.com deem us to be ‘exceptional’!
- We get our 900th Trip Advisor Review!
- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
We get many a booking thanks to folk reading about us on Trip Advisor and now we celebrate our 150th review – putting us second out of 170 bed and breakfasts in Snowdonia. We are so grateful to all our guests who have bothered to put the time and effort to post feedback and to also to often include photographs taken during their stay. Past reviews show that people come to walk up Cadair Idris, have house parties, hold themed weekends, to propose, to honeymoon, to fish, to land their helicopter, to house hunt, to discover this amazing area ….. the list is endless. Nigel from Bakewell in Derbyshire came to enjoy the amazing coastline around Harlech. He was so fortunate as the weather was incredible with the temperature in the high 20s.
This is what Nigel so kindy wrote:
“I have just returned from a short stay at The Old Rectory and have already been busy telling my friends and family to visit. It is rare to find such all-round excellence in terms of comfort, service, food and hospitality. The setting of the building on the lake shore is stunning, as are the grounds. The outdoor hot tub with its wonderful views is another unexpected bonus. It is a peaceful spot to recharge the batteries and be thoroughly pampered. The one dinner that I had was exceptional – each course tasty and beautifully prepared. Even though I stayed on my own, I was made to feel very welcome by John and Ricky who were very attentive and helpful at all times. So many other establishments could learn a lot from The Old Rectory.”