- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
Scores on the Doors is the national food hygiene rating scheme where you can find out the official local authority hygiene ratings for a food business – this scheme is now the largest in the world! The scores go upwards from zero to five and The Old Rectory on the lake has just been awarded a pleasing four by Gwynedd Council in their latest inspection.
“This means that we have a high standard of compliance with food safety legislation together with a robust food safety management,” said chef and joint owner, Ricky Francis. “It is always interesting to check out the hygiene of a restaurant’s kitchen and how safely the food you are about to tuck into was prepared before it reaches your plate so we are more than satisfied that we scored so highly.”
To check out The Old Rectory on the lake’s rating click HERE.