- Lights, camera and……action!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
Popular novelist Helen Carey lives in Newport in Pembrokeshire but often comes to The Old Rectory on the Lake to take a break from writing and for a change of scene from the small coastal farm which she and her husband run as a conservation project. Helen is best known for her World War 2 novels, ‘Lavender Road’, ‘Some Sunny Day’ and ‘On a Wing and a Prayer’ (published by Orion and now available via Amazon as e books) but she has recently released a new exciting crime adventure ‘Slick Deals’ which is set in Monaco, London and West Wales.
“I find Tal-y-llyn an inspirational place,” said Helen. “The moody ridge, the elusive presence of Cader Idris, the ever changing colours in the lake. Some of my best ideas have come to me when I have been sitting by the water waiting for an otter to appear!”
Here at The Old Rectory we wish Helen all the best with her latestest publication.