- Thank you Visit Wales for yet another Gold Award – so appreciated!
- Well flattered that users of Booking.com deem us to be ‘exceptional’!
- We get our 900th Trip Advisor Review!
- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
We are absolutely thrilled to be among thirty other bed and breakfast accommodation providers in Wales to be awarded a prestigious Gold Award by Visit Wales. The main aim of the Gold Award, which has been running since 2007, is to reward outstanding quality, exceptional comfort and hospitality in the serviced sector in Wales. Congratulating us the Business Minister, Edwina Hart said:
‘Although tourism has strong growth potential, the competition in the global market-place is intense. Quality is the key to the future success of the tourism industry in Wales and The Old Rectory on the lake is setting an exceptionally high benchmark which exceeds customer expectations and is a first class product in all respects. I wish you every success for the future.’
It goes without saying that this national recognition has made our year and the plaque is now proudly on our wall. But before it got there we looked around for someone to formally present it to us on behalf of our guests and who better that Ann Joslin who so far has stayed with us an incredible twenty two times! She and her husband Dave must be gluttons for punishment as they just keep returning!