- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
We are absolutely thrilled to be among thirty other bed and breakfast accommodation providers in Wales to be awarded a prestigious Gold Award by Visit Wales. The main aim of the Gold Award, which has been running since 2007, is to reward outstanding quality, exceptional comfort and hospitality in the serviced sector in Wales. Congratulating us the Business Minister, Edwina Hart said:
‘Although tourism has strong growth potential, the competition in the global market-place is intense. Quality is the key to the future success of the tourism industry in Wales and The Old Rectory on the lake is setting an exceptionally high benchmark which exceeds customer expectations and is a first class product in all respects. I wish you every success for the future.’
It goes without saying that this national recognition has made our year and the plaque is now proudly on our wall. But before it got there we looked around for someone to formally present it to us on behalf of our guests and who better that Ann Joslin who so far has stayed with us an incredible twenty two times! She and her husband Dave must be gluttons for punishment as they just keep returning!