- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
What do some loyal visitors from the West Midlands, a feral farm cat, a Czech mountain adventurer, a fisherman, a mountain biker, a firewoman on a steam train, a talented artist, a couple from America, some regular house party revellers, a birthday boy and a helicopter pilot all have in common? They have all stayed at The Old Rectory on the lake, a five star luxury bed and breakfast, on Talyllyn in south Snowdonia! In this short video they tell what brought them to this delightful part of Wales and what they thought of their stay at The Old Rectory on the lake.
We thank them all for allowing the cameras to follow them during their time with us.