- Thank you Visit Wales for yet another Gold Award – so appreciated!
- Well flattered that users of Booking.com deem us to be ‘exceptional’!
- We get our 900th Trip Advisor Review!
- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
Pat and Stuart Davies of Wolverhampton in the West Midlands get the somewhat dubious honour of being our 200th guest to leave a review on Tripadvisor! Since we appeared on this travel website back in December 2008 we have been amazed that so many kind folk have taken the time and effort to post a […]
We now have an additional member to The Old Rectory team here at Talyllyn. Yesterday a Welsh mountain sheep came to live with us. This hardy breed has survived for centuries on the slopes in Wales where high rainfall and freezing winter temperatures make it impossible for anything other than the hardiest and fittest to […]
Our telephone has been red hot with many guests ringing to see if we had seen Talyllyn on the small screen – we had many calls from local folk and from Bristol, Stafford, Liverpool, Oswestry and even one from the south of France! On Tuesday March 13 BBC 2 transmitted an hour long programme […]
March 1, 2012
Here at The Old Rectory on the lake we hope are hosting skills are up to scratch but we recognise there is always room for improvement and we must not rest on our laurels. So that’s why we have undergone World Host training to make sure we are better equipped. The WorldHost customer service programme […]