- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
We now have an additional member to The Old Rectory team here at Talyllyn. Yesterday a Welsh mountain sheep came to live with us. This hardy breed has survived for centuries on the slopes in Wales where high rainfall and freezing winter temperatures make it impossible for anything other than the hardiest and fittest to survive. After long discussions we have named our new arrival Marian Fleece and we just hope that she will not pull the wool over the eyes of any of our guests and be a model pet. Hopefully Marian will have many an adventure which no doubt will be reported here!