- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
We now have an additional member to The Old Rectory team here at Talyllyn. Yesterday a Welsh mountain sheep came to live with us. This hardy breed has survived for centuries on the slopes in Wales where high rainfall and freezing winter temperatures make it impossible for anything other than the hardiest and fittest to survive. After long discussions we have named our new arrival Marian Fleece and we just hope that she will not pull the wool over the eyes of any of our guests and be a model pet. Hopefully Marian will have many an adventure which no doubt will be reported here!