- We have been chosen to part in an exciting Dark Sky initiative.
- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
Our telephone has been red hot with many guests ringing to see if we had seen Talyllyn on the small screen – we had many calls from local folk and from Bristol, Stafford, Liverpool, Oswestry and even one from the south of France! On Tuesday March 13 BBC 2 transmitted an hour long programme called ‘Rugged Wales’ where wildlife presenter, Iolo Williams, visited some amazing parts of Wales. He said that if he was asked to chose the best natural lake in Wales Talyllyn would be the top of his list adding that it was a fantastic location and one of the best fishing lakes. The BBC cameras captured wildlife both above and below the waters here. They filmed a pair of goosanders, diving ducks, whose love of salmon has often brought it into conflict with fishermen! Head Talyllyn Ghillie, Phil Wood, was interviewed and Iolo used an underwater camera to film some rather large bread eating trout.
The section featuring Talyllyn runs from about 13.30 to 15.30 and can be viewed on BBC I player until March 20th at http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01dn7s0/Rugged_Wales_Episode_1/.