- We have been chosen as one of the great views to wake up to in Mid Wales!
- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
March 1, 2012
Here at The Old Rectory on the lake we hope are hosting skills are up to scratch but we recognise there is always room for improvement and we must not rest on our laurels. So that’s why we have undergone World Host training to make sure we are better equipped. The WorldHost customer service programme has a proven track record worldwide and was used to train nearly 40,000 staff for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics. The programme was brought to the UK by People 1st and has been adapted to meet the needs of the local hospitality and tourism industry. Their course allowed us to re-identify what was necessary to ensure good-quality service. This included the importance of a good welcome, the value of good listening skills while learning of how to tackle potentially inflammatory situations through role-play and gaining an understanding of the importance of the tourism industry to the strength of the Welsh economy. The Old Rectory on the lake is now being featured as one of the case studies which can read by going to www.worldhost.uk.com/case_studies/19. Recently a photographer spent a morning with us for People 1st who have kindly let us use his images here.
For more information visit: www.worldhost.uk.com/wales.