- We receive our 800th Trip Advisor review!
- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
Pat and Stuart Davies of Wolverhampton in the West Midlands get the somewhat dubious honour of being our 200th guest to leave a review on Tripadvisor! Since we appeared on this travel website back in December 2008 we have been amazed that so many kind folk have taken the time and effort to post a review commenting on their stay with us – mercifully most favourable! So, as we are about to start our new season, we really thank the Davies’ for their encouraging words (reproduced below) and thank in advance anyone else who feels completed to put finger to computer keyboard and leave a review about their time at The Old Rectory on the lake. We also post here some of Pat and Stuart’s pictures taken on their phone as they cycled along the Mawddach Trail and across the wooden bridge to Barmouth.
“We found this gem through a Tripadvisor search for B and B in Snowdonia. The location is stunning and the house welcoming and cosy. Our room overlooked the lake and was very comfortable. A bonus was the large adjoining bathroom with large roll top bath. I had the best night’s sleep I can remember for a long time. The unexpected highlight was the food. Our evening meal was as good (if not better) as that enjoyed in many of the two rosette restaurants we have visited. The wine selection was reasonable and good value. Our breakfast was one of the best we have eaten. We hope to visit again.“
We too hope to see you both again – John and Ricky.