- To celebrate our eleventh season we have a new video – just click on the arrow in the middle of the screen to play!
- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
Anglers were out in force in front of our home today enjoying the first day of fishing this year. Talyllyn is famous for its brown trout and last year we contributed to some of its stocking by putting in fish in the Rectory Pool at the bottom of our garden. Often we have guests staying who want to take to the water and this can be arranged during the season through our friends at The Tynycornel Hotel across the lake from us – they have the exclusive rights. Below is a video where head ghillie, Phil Wood, explains why a bad day’s fishing is better than a good day at work!