- Lights, camera and……action!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
Anglers were out in force in front of our home today enjoying the first day of fishing this year. Talyllyn is famous for its brown trout and last year we contributed to some of its stocking by putting in fish in the Rectory Pool at the bottom of our garden. Often we have guests staying who want to take to the water and this can be arranged during the season through our friends at The Tynycornel Hotel across the lake from us – they have the exclusive rights. Below is a video where head ghillie, Phil Wood, explains why a bad day’s fishing is better than a good day at work!