- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
- Our model employee is the answer!
A lush lakeside retreat. Enthusiastic owners spoil guests rotten - comfy beds,sumptuous baths, exceptional meals, a hot tub under the stars.
Hike to Cadair Idris – the scenery is breathtaking. Return to a hot tub under the stars, and champagne to toast your good fortune. This lakeside B&B in southern Snowdonia is utterly spoiling and Ricky has become a chef of reputation. Slow-roast lamb shank, fillet of local salmon, a trio of Welsh ices; the menus change each day. Spacious bedrooms (one is downstairs) have ever-changing views, bathrooms are sumptuous and you wake to the smell of Welsh bacon: breakfasts are to die for. Binoculars for the birds, a wonderful welcome for you, candlelit dining... it's bliss. Read the full write up here »
Anglers were out in force in front of our home today enjoying the first day of fishing this year. Talyllyn is famous for its brown trout and last year we contributed to some of its stocking by putting in fish in the Rectory Pool at the bottom of our garden. Often we have guests staying who want to take to the water and this can be arranged during the season through our friends at The Tynycornel Hotel across the lake from us – they have the exclusive rights. Below is a video where head ghillie, Phil Wood, explains why a bad day’s fishing is better than a good day at work!