- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
- Our model employee is the answer!
A lush lakeside retreat. Enthusiastic owners spoil guests rotten - comfy beds,sumptuous baths, exceptional meals, a hot tub under the stars.
Hike to Cadair Idris – the scenery is breathtaking. Return to a hot tub under the stars, and champagne to toast your good fortune. This lakeside B&B in southern Snowdonia is utterly spoiling and Ricky has become a chef of reputation. Slow-roast lamb shank, fillet of local salmon, a trio of Welsh ices; the menus change each day. Spacious bedrooms (one is downstairs) have ever-changing views, bathrooms are sumptuous and you wake to the smell of Welsh bacon: breakfasts are to die for. Binoculars for the birds, a wonderful welcome for you, candlelit dining... it's bliss. Read the full write up here »
Our phone has been red hot with calls from Canada telling us that The Old Rectory on the lake is featured on the front page of last Thursday’s Globe and Mail! An article written by the newspaper’s London correspondent has highlighted that we are the first bed and breakfast in Wales to gain a prestigious World Host Award. On page 17 Ricky is pictured and quoted talking about service within the hospitality industry. The Globe and Mail is Canada’s biggest selling national, printed in six cities, it has a circulation of over one million. The article is proving quite contentious with at the time of this posting nearly fifty on line readers have commented on line about its content.
To see the article on line go to
To see our World Host Profile go to www.worldhost.uk.com/case_studies/19