- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
Our phone has been red hot with calls from Canada telling us that The Old Rectory on the lake is featured on the front page of last Thursday’s Globe and Mail! An article written by the newspaper’s London correspondent has highlighted that we are the first bed and breakfast in Wales to gain a prestigious World Host Award. On page 17 Ricky is pictured and quoted talking about service within the hospitality industry. The Globe and Mail is Canada’s biggest selling national, printed in six cities, it has a circulation of over one million. The article is proving quite contentious with at the time of this posting nearly fifty on line readers have commented on line about its content.
To see the article on line go to
To see our World Host Profile go to www.worldhost.uk.com/case_studies/19