- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
For the second year running The Old Rectory on the lake has been awarded a prestigious certificate of excellence from TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel community which gives information, advice, and opinions from millions of travellers.
In an email just received a few minutes ago they wrote:- “TripAdvisor is proud to congratulate The Old Rectory on the lake on earning the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. Our travellers consistently commend your property with the highest praise, and we recognise your 5 rating as an exceptional achievement. Only the very best in the business are awarded a Certificate of Excellence – display yours proudly in a place where your guests can see it.”
We are so pleased to gain this award and sincerely thank the 236 guests to date who have kindly taken the time to leave a review together with 250 posted traveller photographs. All this has helped us to be rated number two in Snowdonia and fourth in Wales – we simply cannot believe it!