- Ann and Dave stay here 30 times and post our 750th review on TripAdvisor!
- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
The champagne will flow after we have served supper tonight as Trip Advisor has just advised us that The Old Rectory on the lake is now the top rated Bed and Breakfast in Wales! That’s out of a list of 2,129 other establishments. We just cannot believe it and appreciate we will probably be knocked […]
It all happened yesterday when after 24 hours of solid rain of more than five inches Talyllyn burst its banks. Mercifully we are set high up but the Tynycornel Hotel opposite was marooned for over 24 hours. Staff and guests were trapped for the day unable to get in or out after the level of […]