- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
- We get another TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence!
- We receive our 500th TripAdvisor review!
- Lights, camera and……..action!
- Our model employee is the answer!
- We are still graded Five Stars!
- We get a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence – for the third year running!
A lush lakeside retreat. Enthusiastic owners spoil guests rotten - comfy beds,sumptuous baths, exceptional meals, a hot tub under the stars.
Hike to Cadair Idris – the scenery is breathtaking. Return to a hot tub under the stars, and champagne to toast your good fortune. This lakeside B&B in southern Snowdonia is utterly spoiling and Ricky has become a chef of reputation. Slow-roast lamb shank, fillet of local salmon, a trio of Welsh ices; the menus change each day. Spacious bedrooms (one is downstairs) have ever-changing views, bathrooms are sumptuous and you wake to the smell of Welsh bacon: breakfasts are to die for. Binoculars for the birds, a wonderful welcome for you, candlelit dining... it's bliss. Read the full write up here »
The champagne will flow after we have served supper tonight as Trip Advisor has just advised us that The Old Rectory on the lake is now the top rated Bed and Breakfast in Wales! That’s out of a list of 2,129 other establishments. We just cannot believe it and appreciate we will probably be knocked off this illustrious position as the season progresses when other places – probably much better – than us get more glowing reviews but please forgive us while we savour this amazing moment.