- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
- They did not teach one to be an officiant at B&B school!
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
The champagne will flow after we have served supper tonight as Trip Advisor has just advised us that The Old Rectory on the lake is now the top rated Bed and Breakfast in Wales! That’s out of a list of 2,129 other establishments. We just cannot believe it and appreciate we will probably be knocked off this illustrious position as the season progresses when other places – probably much better – than us get more glowing reviews but please forgive us while we savour this amazing moment.