- Love is in the air – and in our hot tub!
- The Visit Wales Inspector calls and we retain our five stars!
- We celebrate our 700th review on Trip Advisor – and most have been good!!!
- We make the TripAdvisor Wall of Fame!
- Henry’s swan song!
- We receive our 600th TripAdvisor review!
- We have been selected as one of the winners of the Good Hotel Guide Editor’s Choice 2015 awards for New Discovery Hotels.
"On the shore of Lake Tal-y-llyn beneath Cadair Idris in southern Snowdonia, this peaceful stone-built house has lake views from every window. 'Wonderful: our visit is an annual highlight,' says a regular correspondent. This house is run in a personal style by owners, John, 'a welcoming and chatty host' and Ricky, who cooks the 'very good' evening meals. There is good walking, mountain biking and fishing."
Exciting Times!!!!!! The Old Rectory on the lake was on the front page of The Times on Saturday October 20th and we got two more pictures inside – one full page! We had been asked by Alastair Sawday’s Special Places to stay to join 49 chosen other bed and breakfast accommodation providers to to take […]
During the last few weeks quite a few of our guests have reported seeing a single otter at various locations in the lake. These sightings- normally in the early morning – have also been confirmed by Phil Wood, the lake’s ghillie. We then set folk a challenge and promised a bottle of wine to anyone […]